September was absolutely, positively stacked with giant songs. Here lie those monoliths:
20. Chvrches – Clearest Blue
19. Rita Ora – Body On Me
18. Justin Bieber – What Do You Mean
17. Youth Lagoon – Highway Patrol Stun Gun
16. Tame Impala – Yes I’m Changing/New Person, Same Old Mistakes
15. Wavves – Way Too Much
14. Bleachers – Like A River Runs
13. Jim Adkins – Girls Just Wanna Have Fun/I Will Go
12. The Neighbourhood – RIP To My Youth
11. Vance Joy – Fire And The Flood
10. Brandi Carlile – Wherever Is Your Heart
9. Charlie Puth f. Meaghan Trainor – Marvin Gaye
8. Nathaniel Ratecliff & The Night Sweats – S.O.B.
7. Foals – Mountain At My Gates
6. Shakey Graves – If Not For You
5. Deerhunter – Snakeskin
My favourite Deerhunter song ever.
4. Kurt Vile – Pretty Pimpin’
My favourite Kurt Vile song ever.
3. Chvrches – Never Ending Circles
It’s hard to gush any further about how talented these 3 artists are. Their way with pop music is unparalleled right now. Hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit…
2. Pure Bathing Culture – Pray For Rain
“Was it pleasure, was it pain, did you pray for rain?” The downpour came at me in waves and I embraced the water as if it were air.
1. Tame Impala – The Less I Know The Better
Obsessed. Completely and utterly.