Here lies Banger City a.k.a. My Top 25 Remixes of 2015:
25. Of Monsters And Men – Dirty Paws (Kygo Remix)
24. Glass Animals – Gooey (Gilligan Moss Remix)
23. Zedd f. Jon Bellion – Beautiful Now (Grey Remix)
22. Borns – Electric Love (Oliver Remix)
21. Tinashe f. Dej Loaf, Neily Hype – All Hands On Deck (Remix)
20. Carly Rae Jepsen – Run Away With Me (Cyril Hahn Remix)
19. Echosmith – Bright (Lost Kings Remix)
18. Adele – Hello (Paul Damixie Remix)
17. M83 – Wait (Kygo Remix)
16. Snakehips f. Tinashe & Chance The Rapper – All My Friends (99 Souls Remix)
15. Charlie Puth f. Meaghan Trainor – Marvin Gaye (Styx Tropical House Remix)
14. Alessia Cara – Here (Lucian Remix)
13. Axwell & Ingrosso – Something New (Amtrac Remix)
12. Justin Bieber – Love Yourself (Brynny x Teddy Cream Bootleg)
11. Banks – Beggin’ For Thread (Gryffin & Hotel Garuda Remix)
10. Grizfolk – Hymnals (RAC Remix)
On repeat for much of the later half of 2015. So fresh, so clean.
9. Susanne Sundfor – Delerious (Richard X Remix)
Richard X was and remains a bad, bad man. This is a force majeure.
8. London Grammar – Strong (High Contrast Remix)
Another remix that isn’t strictly from 2015. But that’s when I discovered it, fell in love with it, and deemed it a necessity of life.
7. A-Ha – Take On Me (Kygo Remix)
Trop House knows no bounds! It’s attacking the 80’s! Run for your liiiiiiiiiiivvvvessss!
6. Notorious B.I.G. f. Ja Rule & Ralph Tresvant – Old Thing Back (Matoma Remix)
This remix might be a bit older than 2015, but 2015 is when I discovered it. Matter of fact, I’ll never forget how I discovered this song. A friend played it on my birthday on the way to the beach. A soundtrack to happiness is hard to forget. Oh yeah, and this a gigantic banger to boot.
5. Rihanna – Bitch Better Have My Money (Handbag House vs. Kat Krazy Bootleg Mix)
So, so, so much fun. A little nuts, but an enormous earworm all the same.
4. Ed Sheeran – Photograph (Felix Jaehn Remix)
Felix Jaehn wrapped up the remixer-of-the-year award with this one. I don’t think there is such an award, but if there is, it’s his. Ed Sheeran’s voice let’s a DJ shine if he/she knows what they’re doing. Jaehn knows. This is bliss.
3. Miguel – Leaves (Adam Foster’s Sweet California Remix)
Speaking of bliss. This remix evokes sadness, nostalgia, euphoria. It’s a deep breath on a sunny day in an Indian Summer. Life moves quickly. Thankfully music like this helps us live in the moment.
2. Glass Animals – Pools (Roosevelt Remix)
Roosevelt absolutely smashes this one out of the park. This is the most playful remix of the year. You can hear the original metamorphosing into a different state. “Pools” is itself, one of the songs of the year. It’s adventurous, animalistic, and ambidextrous. This remix is all of that, but it smothers peanut butter vibes over the melody and lets the track slither around unabated. If all the animals in the world had a giant pool party where humans were not invited, this would be on a delicious, fruity loop.
1. OMI – Cheerleader (Felix Jaehn Remix)
Duh. It was never going to be anything else. Bigger than massive. And for good reason. Distilled hookery.